This page contains all of the information you should need for race day. IMPORTANT UPDATE: RACE START AND FINISH FROM GRAIGUENAMANAGH SCOUTS HALL
Please also check our FAQ and Facebook page if you want to know more.
The meeting point, registration, and race briefing for all distances is at the Scouts Hall in Graiguenamanagh.
Ultra-Marathon (60km): The Ultra-Marathon will start by the scouts Hall in Graiguenamangh and proceed to St Mullins, then back to Fenniscourt Lock before turning back to Graiguenamanagh.
Marathon (43km): The Marathon route will start by the scouts Hall in Graiguenamangh and meanders pleasantly along the River Barrow to Fenniscourt Lock and back to Graiguenamangh. There are 4 aid stations/checkpoints along the route.
Half-Marathon (21.1km): The Half-Marathon registers at the Scouts Hall in Graiguenamanagh, buses will take runners to the race start at Fenniscourt Lock (20 minutes on the bus). There is minimal parking available at the Half-Marathon start point. There will be 2 aid stations/checkpoints.
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
- 07:00 - 08:00 at Scouts Hall Graiguenamangh. Ultra registration, mandatory gear check.
- 08:15 Mandatory Ultra Race Briefing
- 08:30 Ultra-Marathon Race Start!
- 08:00 - 09:30 at Scouts Hall Graiguenamangh. Marathon registration, mandatory gear check.
- 09:45 Mandatory Marathon Race Briefing.
- 10:00 Full-Marathon Race Start!
- 09:30 - 11:00 at Scouts Hall Graiguenamangh. Half-Marathon registration.
- 11:15 Mandatory Half-Marathon Race Briefing and bus transfer to race start at Fenniscourt Lock.
- 12:00 Half-Marathon Race Start!
- 13:00 ONWARDS at Scouts Den Graiguenamanagh.
- Tea, coffee, refreshments, snacks, and cakes will be available for all finishers.
- Prize giving for the winners of each event.
DETAILS ON BUSES
Half-Marathon Athletes will be transferred by bus from Graiguenamanagh to the race start South of Bagenalstown at Fenniscourt Lock.
For safety reasons, the following mandatory kit must be carried by all Ultra-Marathon and Full Marathon participants. The kit is intended to safeguard participants in the event of emergency or incident. The event is a self sufficient race, so all participants will be required to orienteer themselves and manage their hydration and nutrition between checkpoints. It should be possible to carry all of the mandatory kit in a modest sized waist or back pack.
There will be random spot checks. Participants who do not have the mandatory kit will be asked to retire.
- Suitable Running/Walking Footwear. Please refer to the weather when considering underfoot conditions/running shoes.
- Hydration system (bottle or pack).
- Minimum 400ml fluids and 2 energy bars or equivalent.
- Fully charged phone (water-proofed, with emergency Race HQ number saved).
- Race number visible at all times.
- A lightweight, waterproof piece of warm clothing (recommended).
- Please note, subject to local weather conditions and Met Eireann forecasts, we may require participants to carry additional items of clothing including; gloves, hat and long tights (waterproofed).
We look forward to seeing you on Race Day!